When Dryel contacted me to review them, the word thrilled comes to mind. I have been meaning to try them for ten years because I hate the dry cleaner. As I approached the package sent to me, it felt predestined.
What is Dryel?
Dryel is an at-home dry cleaning kit that safely cleans your Dry Clean Only garments at home using your dryer, their Reusable Fabric Protection Bag, a Dryer Booster Spray, and their Ultra Cleaning Cloth. The package I received had a Dryel Starter Kit and a Dryel Refill Box.
How Does Dryel Work?
When the starter kit arrived, I went through the instructions and was surprised by the ease of use.
- Pick out 1-5 Dry Clean Only garments you want to wash. You can even mix whites with reds.
- Use the Dryel Booster spray on any stains or dirtier areas like the armpits.
- Throw the garments into the Reusable Fabric Protection Bag.
- Add the Dryel cleaning cloth to the bag, zip it up, and throw the bag into the dryer on medium heat for 15 – 30 minutes.
Does Dryel Work?
Does Dryel Work? Yes. I am absolutely in love with it. The first load I did, I had a “Hand Wash Only in Cold Water” rayon romper, a mostly rayon “Dry Clean Only” Bobeau maxi skirt, a “Dry Clean Only” polyester dress, and a silk tank. Thankfully I missed the warning on the box that says, “Do Not use on silk, rayon, velvet, suede, and fur.” I am not sure why it said that because it refreshed my rayon garments and silk blouses beautifully. My second load was two silk blouses, another rayon maxi skirt, a white silk “Hand Wash Only” pillow case and an Anthropologie “Dry Clean Only” cotton dress, and I got the same fast and fresh results. Here are the highlights:
- No shrinkage. No fading.
- Garments keep their shape. (This is so incredibly amazing for hand wash knits and t-shirts that always seem to loose their shape and look sad after their first wash.
- Save money on the dry cleaning bill.
- Saves time: It only takes 15 – 30 min to “wash” something, and you don’t have to deal with picking up and dropping off at the Dry Cleaner.
- Has a fantastic scent that is subtle in its pleasantness, and not overwhelming like a garment someone Febreezed (Ew.)
- Basically clothes look new longer.
- Apparently this product is eco-friendly. They use biogradable cleaning agents and no harsh chemicals.
Cons of Dryel
I am confused that they don’t want you to use it on silk and rayon. That is 90% of the items I always have to hand wash or dry clean. It worked great on my rayon and silk garments, but I am concerned as to why they would put that on the box. Will Dryel eventually destroy my silk? I guess I have to find out because I have no intention of stopping.
The other con is it doesn’t seem to take out food stains easily. I sprayed the booster on a couple stains on my maxi skirt and it only mildly helped. I know the box said I need to blot the stain and rub it a little, but I was in a rush, as always, and wanted to see what would happened if I just sprayed it and threw it in the bag. The answer is not much will happen with that stain if you don’t actually work on it, but your garment will definitely be refreshed and body odor free.
My product reviews are my honest and personal opinion. I never accept payment for product reviews although I am given the sample to keep. If I am sent something that is unimpressive or boring I don’t write about it.