Wearing a face mask is essential for slowing the spread of coronavirus. I recently shared a post on Stylish Reusable Face Masks that you all loved, but I know we have all been struggling a bit to get comfortable with our new face accessory. Here are some great tips I have learned to ensure the best protection while wearing a facemask, as well as tips for how to style a face mask.
How To Wear A Face Mask
- Wash your hands or disinfect them with hand sanitizer before putting your mask on.
- Your mask should fit snugly with no gaps on the side of your face — tighten the elastic or ties if necessary to ensure a snug fit. The mask should also cover your entire nose and chin.
- Once you’re outside avoid fidgeting with your mask. Leave it in place and don’t move it up or down.
- When removing your mask be careful not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Touch the ties or elastic to take the mask off — do not touch the front part.
- Wash your hands immediately after taking your mask off.
- You should also regularly wash your mask depending on the frequency of use. If you’re using it daily you should wash it daily. (This is why it’s not a bad idea to invest in a few so you can have them in rotation).
How To Style A Face Mask
Now that we know the best way to wear a face mask, here are 10 tips on how to style a face mask:
- It’s all about the eye makeup — define the eye or get creative!
- Don’t wear face makeup. It gets all over the mask and feels gross.
- Skip lipstick too for the same reason.
- Skip dangling earrings, and wear studs instead.
- Wear v-necks and scoop necks to counter the shortening effect of a face mask.
- Delicate necklaces complement a face mask.
- If you don’t have access to medical-grade face masks, go for a printed face mask.
- Color match your outfit to a shade in your mask, as pictured.
- Wear solid-colored clothing with a printed face mask.
- Purchase at least three face masks that complement the color palette of your wardrobe.